Saturday, July 2, 2011

I Fought the Hair Fair Lag & I Won!

Yes, it's a major feat for me. I am one of those people who tp to a packed sim and can't move. Lucky for me that I had a slight case of insomnia last night and managed to go to Hair Fair at like 5 A.M. EST. This meant it was a little less crowded than during my normal shopping hours. Woohoo!

My first stop was to Illusory. I have purchased a few items from their store before and was happy to see that they were going to premiere their new hair line at the Hair Fair. When I saw a preview of Ayumi, I knew that I just had to have it and it would be one of my splurges. I can honestly say that I'm happy with my purchase and am warning the rest of the Second Life hair creators that you all have some new competition. Ayumi is an adorable side ponytail with sideswept bangs that reminds me of a cute retro eighties hairdo. I can't wait to see more hair designs from Illusory in the future.



Next up, I visited one of my old favorites. Sabina Gully of Magika always makes the most beautiful longer hairstyles. I felt like Rapunzel in this pretty style called Luna. One thing that I absolutely love about Magika's hair is the fact that they offer a mirrored version in most of their newer styles. I feel like this offers a little more variety to the looks she puts out and it's funny but I always gravitate toward the mirrored version. I've never really bought blonde hair from Magika before but I have to say that the textures on this hair are amazing. I will definitely keep blonde as an option from now on when shopping at Magika.



Since everyone else seems to be blogging the Truth District clothing goodies, I've decided to steer away from doing so and instead am going to tell you about a ten linden Independence Day hunt going on at the awesome store, paper.doll. Zoey Garbardini has hidden five shopping bags with Fourth of July goodies stuffed in them around her store. You can snag both the bikini and dress I'm wearing in these pics as well as another bikini, shorts and graphic tank for 10 lindens. This means you'll be set for the rest of the weekend so tp over and hunt, hunt, hunt!

Style Card

Look 1
Hair: ILLUSORY (Crushed Clarity) Ayumi in Chocolate (Hair Fair)
Skin: ::F:: (Alexandra Barcelos) Paige in Ivory 04
Dress: paper.doll (Zoey Garbardini) Blair: Independence Day (10L Store Hunt)



Look 2
Hair: Magika (Sabina Gully) Luna Mirrored in Blonde Pack (Hair Fair)
Bikini: paper.doll (Zoey Garbardini) Stars And Stripes Strapless (10L Store Hunt)
Poses: GLITTERATI (Katey Coppola)

2 comments:

  1. Cute looks, especially the dress in the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! It's such a cute dress that I have it in uhhhh three different colors now. I can't help myself. *Giggles*

    ReplyDelete