Friday, June 15, 2012

Surviving

A few years ago, I was in an abusive relationship. Luckily, I was strong enough to get out of it but there are many women out there who are still in one and are afraid to leave. This poem is for them:


Trapped inside myself to buff the world around me
I don't want to feel the pain.
If only he would go away, I'd be free.
I'm going nowhere but insane.
As I push my way up off this bed I'm praying.
This isn't love. It's sink or swim.
He can't hurt me anymore but he keeps saying,
No one loves me more than him.
Reaching out for help. I can't do this alone.
Getting out is hard to do.
The last crazy fight we had, he pulled out the phone.
Every time, I say we are through.
No more crying, no more fighting, and no more pain.
I'm better than all this, I know.
I'm on my way. The sun is shining through the rain.
It doesn't matter where I go.
Breaking free.
Up I plunder.
I love me.
A beautiful wonder. 



Style Card

Hair: Exile (Kavar Cleanslate) Late at Night in Maple
Hair Flower: Clawtooth (Bubbles Clawtooth) Fancy Pants Hair Flower
Skin: :F: (Alexandra Barcelos) Mia in Tan 06
Eyes: Ikon (Ikon Innovia) Horizon Eyes in Pale Glass (Group Gift)
Scarf: Izzie's (Izzie Button) Little Silk Scarf (TOSL 2nd Bday Hunt!)
Dress: AndreChi (ChinitAndel Flux) Lunar Dress in White (Summer Fashion Festival)
Heels: [PM] (Tya Fallingbridge) Baby T's in Black
Bag: Duh! (Renee Harvy) Little Black Clutch 

1 comment:

  1. I admire you Kismet, you're a strong woman indeed! Big hugssss and kisses! Lovely pic and love the shadows!

    ReplyDelete