Tuesday, February 12, 2013

To the Desert


I came to you one rainless August night.
You taught me how to live without the rain.
You are thirst and thirst is all I know.
You are sand, wind, sun, and burning sky,
The hottest blue. You blow a breeze and brand
Your breath into my mouth. You reach—then bend
Your force, to break, blow, burn, and make me new.
You wrap your name tight around my ribs
And keep me warm. I was born for you.
Above, below, by you, by you surrounded.
I wake to you at dawn. Never break your
Knot. Reach, rise, blow, Sálvame, mi dios,
Trágame, mi tierra. Salva, traga, Break me,
I am bread. I will be the water for your thirst. 
 
By: Benjamin Alire Saenz
 
Style Card
 
Hair: Wasabi Pills (MissAllSunday Lemon) Alicia in Gingerbread (New!)
Skin: Glam Affair (Aida Ewing) Amberly in Jamaica 05
Dress: tulip. (Minami Susanowa) Printed Tank Dress (Past FLF!)
Tights: Izzie's (Izzie Button) Sheer Tights in Brown
Necklace: LEO-NT (Lady Leonard) Eagle Wings Necklace in Gold (New!)
Ring: LEO-NT (Lady Leonard) Eagle Wings Ring in Gold (New!)
Bracelet: LEO-NT (Lady Leonard) My Cow Bone Bracelet in Gold
Pose: Label Motion (Anne Dakun) Abbie Pose Pack
 
Location: Tableau

2 comments:

  1. I bought this dress too and I love the poem. <3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I thought you might have and the poem is very pretty!

      Delete